First Nations Technical Services Advisory Group Inc. (TSAG) provides technical services and training for Alberta First Nations in the Treaty 6, 7 and 8 Regions.
TSAG is seeking a highly-motivated individual to take on the responsibility of a fulltime Instrumentation Technician who will work closely with six Circuit Rider Trainers (CRT’s) currently spread across Alberta. This Instrumentation Technician position will be based out of the Edmonton area, and will be directly responsible for the maintenance, calibration and inventory management of 47 Remote Water Monitoring System (RWMS) units throughout the province of Alberta, in addition to occasionally assisting the CRT’s with Instrumentation and control issues they may encounter at various water and wastewater treatment, distribution and collection systems:
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including:
- Calibrating, repairing, maintaining and adjusting RWMS system components, and installing and maintaining equipment/probes on new or existing RWMS units;
- Performing water quality testing for the calibration of the RWMS units;
- Installing/replacing RWMS units when required;
- Checking to ensure the RWMS is online when departing a site, noting any malfunctions and notifying the CRT, and/or site Operator(s) of any unresolved RWMS issues;
- Troubleshooting RWMS system issues;
- Documenting and maintaining accurate records of all work performed on RWMS units and submitting daily reports as required using email and other technology tools;
- Assisting CRT’s with any other instrumentation and/or controls issues they may have on site.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of SCADA systems, PLC’s and HMI’s. Instrumentation experience would be an asset;
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking and computer hardware;
- Ability to read and interpret instrumentation drawings, P&ID’s and Data Sheets;
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and WHMIS.
Proficient with Windows operating system, Excel and Word;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Be motivated, flexible, reliable and a team player;
- Ability to work effectively independently;
- Able to drive up to 700 kms in one day;
- Able to be away from home for days at a time.
Education & Experience:
- Posses a valid Journeyman Electrician or Instrumentation and Control Technician certificate;
- Minimum 5 years experience working in Industrial or municipal facilities.
Conditions of employment:
- Hold a Valid Class 5 Vehicle Operators license (Minimum) and able to provide a driver abstract;
- Provide evidence of successfully passing an R.C.M.P Criminal Record Check;
- Promote a positive image of First Nations Technical Services Advisory Group;
- Must be willing to work overtime when required;
- This position will be based out of Edmonton Alberta and is a permanent full-time position, with the successful applicant being required to live in the Edmonton area and travel to various First Nation water treatment plants on a two weeks per month basis to complete required field work.
Successful applicants must possess the ability to perform all functions within defined health, safety and environmental requirements and demonstrate a high level of independence and initiative. Our best candidates will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to develop and deliver both written and verbal reports.
For more information on this position, please contact: Devin Meneen, Circuit Rider Training Program Manager at (780) 483-8601 or DMeneen@tsag.net
Please submit your application through the link provided. This competition will be closed once a suitable candidate is found.
TSAG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties! We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and we regret that we cannot confirm receipt of resume. No agencies please.