First Nations Technical Services Advisory Group Inc. (TSAG) provides technical services and training for Alberta First Nations in the Treaty 6, 7 and 8 Regions.
The Contract Facilities Maintenance Trainer will develop and deliver curriculum and hands-on instruction to First Nations maintenance staff for building maintenance training, maintenance documentation and maintenance planning of their facilities. Travelling across Alberta, this position will work with to participants as they towards implementing maintenance schedules and documents to provide supportive solutions and meet the needs of Indigenous communities.
This position will be asked to complete the following for us:
- Facilitate Workshop/training sessions throughout Alberta.
- Prepare a training plan for maintenance personnel.
- Provide advice to maintenance personnel, which may include a 24/7 on-call support services for emergency purposes.
- Review the existing Maintenance Management Plans (MMP) or support the development of a MMP if non-existent.
- Train and deliver hands-on maintenance service and repairs pertaining to buildings and related equipment, and grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Work with participants to enable them to implement all maintenance and general procurement of sub-contractor services, schedules and installations, and oversee that such repairs are accomplished in a safe and timely manner.
- Develop training material and delivery training on budgetary needs, monitoring expenditures and how to take corrective action when needed.
- Develop materials to support the supervision of subordinate personnel including hiring, payroll, determining workload and delegating assignments, scheduling, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary action.
- Provide technical guidance to subordinate supervisors, skilled and semi-skilled workers.
- Develop, evaluate, and review plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities; assess feasibility of proposals.
- Troubleshoot HVAC system issues.
- Be familiar with all Building components (Structure, Roofing, Exteriors, Plumbing, Electrical, Furniture, etc.)
- Develop a solid communication link with participants and TSAG staff and customers.
Think you have what it takes to be our Contract Facilities Maintenance Trainer? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role. You have:
- HVAC Technician Certificate (Combination of schooling and experience will be considered)
- Boilermaker with ABSA Member (Combination of schooling and experience will be considered)
- Business diploma or equivalent experience
Supervised the operation of a commercial or institutional facility
- Ability to teach both verbally and with hand-on instruction to participants
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with common software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At least 5-7 years of experience with the following:
Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including indoor air monitoring equipment and interpret resulting data; standards for design and construction; HVAC systems as well as air conditioning and heating codes; hazards and safety precautions; and refrigerant handling and disposal.
- Experience with procurement and/or administration of contracts or similar agreements, as well as with review of contractor bids, quotes and award procedures
- Understanding of various Federal, Provincial and local codes and regulations involving construction, installation, fire, safety and sanitation
- Willingness to travel throughout Alberta to Indigenous Communities
Please send cover letters and resumes to:
Attention: Monica Bradley, Director of Technical Service
Fax: (780) 483-8632
Closing date: Friday November 15th, 2019
We thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We cannot confirm receipt of resume.
Please no agency calls.