First Nations Technical Services Advisory Group Inc. (TSAG) provides technical services and training for Alberta First Nations in the Treaty 6, 7 and 8 Regions.
TSAG is seeking a highly motivated individual to take on the responsibility of a full-time Fire Department Manager. The position will report directly to the Director of Technical Services and will be responsible for developing, organizing and delivering a variety of fire prevention and protection programs and services for First Nations within Alberta.
· Manage the day-to-day operation and delivery of the TSAG Fire Prevention and Protection Services
· Develop and expand program elements
· Complete quarterly, annual and ad hoc program reporting
· Manage departmental staff, tasks and deliverables
· Ensure the delivery of high quality and meaningful fire related inspections, investigations, training and support services
· Provide direction and leadership to employees
· Understand, implement and enforce occupational health and safety acts, regulations and codes
· Implement and enforce all TSAG health and safety policies, standards, safe work practices and general guidelines
· Liaise with funders for reporting requirements and funding expectations
· Develop and assign performance/productivity goals
· Initiate and maintain partnerships for fire prevention and protection services
· Maintain reporting procedures and ensure guidelines are effectively communicated and implemented
· Develop yearly work plan and operating budgets
· Coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Skills / Experience required include:
· Minimum 10 years’ experience within the fire or emergency management sector
· Minimum 5 years’ management experience.
· Post-secondary education in either business administration or public administration and/or related fire service management programs
· Program development experience
· Program Reporting including statistical data and support
· Working knowledge of the Alberta Fire Code, Alberta Building Code, Alberta Safety Codes Act, Emergency Management Act, and the Forest and Prairie Protection Act
· Certification as a Safety Codes Officer,
· Certifications including NFPA 1001 (Level 1&2), NFPA 1031, NFPA 1033, NFPA 472, NFPA 1041, and NFPA 1051
· Relevant OH&S courses and certification an asset
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
· Punctual and reliable team player
· Leadership, training and mentorship skills
· Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
· Knowledge/experience/understanding of First Nations Cultural Traditions is an asset
· Willing to travel throughout Alberta including remote locations.
· Valid Class 5 Vehicle Operators license as well as a reliable and insured vehicle
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter highlighting qualifications and salary expectations to the posting link by 9:00 am February 29, 2020.
TSAG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please. We regret that we cannot confirm receipt of resume.
Your application was submitted successfully.